Chocolate Covered Cherries Dip Recipe: Day 5 – 5 Simple Party Foods in 5 Days
Sinkology is proud to present Emily Schuermann, our food-loving guest blogger who runs Food for a Year. Emily is here to share some recipes she has created exclusively for the Sinkology blog that reflect her view of a copper sink: simple, timeless, affordable, and beautifully rustic.
For the last recipe of Sinkology’s “5 Simple Party Foods in Five Days” series, we are giving the oven and stove-top a break. This party food takes the flavors of a classic chocolate treat and turns it into a dip. Chocolate covered cherries are a favorite for many, and now in under 15 minutes, your party guests can enjoy the very same flavors (actually, I think this is even better!).
Not only this this recipe a yummy dessert — it’s a breeze to make and clean up! Start off by assembling the ingredients:
- maraschino cherries, drained
- cream cheese
- salted butter
- brown sugar
- powdered sugar
- pinch of salt
- chocolate chips
- heavy whipping cream
- chopped peanuts & pecans (optional)
Give the cherries a quick pulse.
Add cream cheese, butter, sugars & salt, pulsing to combine.
Add the remaining cherries and pulse long enough to give the a chop, while leaving large bits throughout.
Pour the mixture into a shallow serving dish.
Here is where the recipe takes a sharp turn towards rock star status. Combine the chocolate chips and cream, microwaving and stirring in 20 second increments. In just 60 seconds you’ve created the world’s BEST ganache. It’s just that easy.
Pour the ganache over the cherry mixture, allowing it to drip and ooze imperfectly. You could totally stop right here and this would be a smashing hit – but I decided to add a few sprinkles of chopped nuts.
Just that little extra bit of savory crunch puts this dessert way over the top in my books. Each bite is just perfect – making it really hard to walk away from.
Serve with your favorite cookies or even fruit!
- 16 oz maraschino cherries, drained
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ c salted butter, softened
- 2 T brown sugar
- 2½ cups powdered sugar
- pinch of salt
- ¾ c chocolate chips (I used half milk/half semi-sweet)
- 1/3 c heavy whipping cream
- 2 T chopped peanuts, unsalted roasted (optional)
- 2 T chopped pecans, raw (optional)
- Place half of the drained cherries in the food processor and pulse to chop. Add cream cheese, butter, sugars and salt and pulse until smooth. Add remaining cherries and pulse, leaving the cherries in larger chunks.
- Spread the cherry mixture into a shallow ((approximately 7" x 9")) serving bowl.
- In a small microwaveable mixing bowl, combine chocolate chips and cream. Microwave in 20 second increments, stirring in between, until the chocolate is melted. Stir until the chocolate and cream are completely combined the the chocolate ganache is smooth.
- Pour the chocolate ganache over the cherry mixture and sprinkle with chopped nuts if desired.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve or serve immediately. Makes 3 cups.
- Serve with chocolate, vanilla or graham wafer cookies.
For more recipes from our copper-loving foodie, check out our blog. If you have any questions about copper or copper sinks, our Sinkologists are here to help. Contact us or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Houzz, Pinterest, or Instagram for helpful tips, recipes, and design ideas.