For more recipes from Sinkology, check out our blog. If you have any questions about copper or copper sinks, our Sinkologists are here to help. Contact us or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Houzz, Pinterest, or Instagram for helpful tips, recipes, and design ideas.
Festive Fourth of July Rice Krispie Treat Recipe
Rice Krispie treats are an amazing dessert. Low effort, huge payoff. Everyone has had one, and almost anyone can make them. This Fourth of July, we put a little twist on the recipe to salute Old Glory, but making them red, white and blue! Delicious, easy, and very quick to make, you can crank these out last-minute and still look like a hero at the next Independence Day cookout.
- - 6 c. of Rice Krispies Cereal (divided into 3 sets of 2 c.)
- - 1 package of marshmallows (divided evenly into 3 sets)
- - 3 TB butter or margarine (divided into 3 servings of 1 TB each)
- - Red and blue food coloring
- Divide the Rice Krispies, marshmallows, and butter / margarine into 3 equal sets (2 c. of Rice Krispies, around 2 c. marshmallows, 1 TB butter / margarine).
- Melt the marshmallows and butter in a pot over the stove (medium to low heat) until completely melted. Keep 3 sets separate.
- Add blue food coloring to one set, and red food coloring to another. Start with about 10 drops and stir. Add more food coloring as needed.
- Add 2 c. of Rice Krispies to each colored marshmallow / butter set and stir well.
- Press each set separately into the same 9x9 pan. Start with blue, then white, then red.
- Let set until hardened and enjoy!